Friday, July 9, 2010

Taiping: SAD Sunset - Part 1



Have you ever noticed how a gray, rainy day makes you feel gloomy and tired, but a sunny day can leave you feeling cheerful and energized?




I realized that I have some emotional imbalanced disorder. I always feel sad whenever I watched a sunset.




Some of you may have also noticed that you find a seasonal fluctuation in your moods, feeling depressed only the day is about to end.



Well, there's a scientific reason for this. Insufficient exposure to sunlight has been associated with low levels of melatonin and serotonin, carbohydrate craving, weight gain, and sleep disturbance.



With our bright hours of sunlight in the daytime, it's no wonder we're happier this time of day.





The medical term for the season-long malaise that we fall into is seasonal affective disorder, or SAD.


Location: At my hometown kampong, near Taiping.




6 comments:

  1. Hmmm...keren banget. Top deh...Ternyata selain pinter nulis jago photo juga ya...Boleh dong kapan2 di photo dengan latar sunset. Sunset Bali...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...Lembayung Bali.......mantan pacar yang punya tatoo ikan lumba2 asli sana.....sunset bikin sedih....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha....kasih support donk buat dia, agar dia jangan hapus tattonya...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taiping is also my hometown. I love to watch sunset and sunrise. I look forward to another day after the sun has set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, bro. I've added a link to you in my blogroll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keats,

    Oh...my fellow Taipingites. Lets go makan-makan.
    Thank you for the visit and comment.

    Bro Sofian,

    Muchas Grasias! I am honored.

    ReplyDelete